Eligible citizens will be able to book their slots online via government’s Co-WIN portal or the Aarogya Setu app, that was launched last year.
Read our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates
Until now, only people above 45 years of age, healthcare and frontline workers were allowed to take the vaccine. However, from May 1 onwards, all the adult citizens will be able to get vaccinated after mandatory registration for the same, said the government.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) 1619321823000
Here is all you need to know about the registration process-
When can you register?
The registration for coronavirus vaccination will begin on 28 April, 2021.
Where can you register for the vaccination?
All eligible citizens can register online and book an appointment through the CoWin portal. You may visit – https://www.CoWin.gov.in/home
How can you register?
- To get yourself registered online, you will have to give some basic information about yourself like details of your photo identification card.
- Register using your mobile number.
- From one mobile phone number, one can register 4 people, however, each person will need their own photo identification document.
- If the
Aadharcard is used as an identification document, consent will be obtained and recorded.
- Schedule your vaccination appointment at a centre of your choice for May 1 onwards.
- To register for the vaccine via Aarogya Setu, you need to first open the app and then click on CoWin tab available on the home screen.
- Select ‘vaccination registration’ and then enter a phone number, followed by OTP.
- Click on verify and you will be directed to the registration page.
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above to register.
- On the day of the appointment, reach the centre carrying the appointment slip and photo ID used at the time of booking the appointment.
What documents are required for the registration of eligible beneficiary?
Any of the below-mentioned ID with photo may be produced at the time of registration:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
- Pension Document
- Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./ Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID
How will the beneficiary receive information about due date of vaccination?
Following online registration, the beneficiary will receive SMS on their registered mobile number about the due date, place and time of vaccination.
In order to ramp up the coronavirus vaccination drive in the country, the Indian government on April 19 announced a “liberalised and accelerated” Phase 3 strategy of Covid-19 vaccination from May 1.