Ravi, 22, was arrested from Bengaluru by the Delhi Police Cyber Cell for allegedly sharing and creating the toolkit about farmers protest. The police also said that she collaborated with pro-Khalistani outfit Poetic Justice Foundation.
The toolkit was later shared by Swedish teen activist Greta Thunberg and several others on Twitter, with the issue spiralling into a major controversy.
Here’s what the court said while granting bail to Disha:
* Considering the scanty and sketchy evidence, I do not find any palpable reason to breach the rule of bail for a 22-year-old girl who have absolutely no criminal antecedent.
* There is absolutely no link established on record between Disha Ravi and banned outfit Sikhs for Justice.
* Creation of a WhatsApp group or being editor of an innocuous toolkit is not an offence.
* Nothing on record to suggest that Disha Ravi subscribed to any secessionist idea.
* Investigating agency can’t be permitted to further restrict liberty of citizen on basis of propitious anticipations.
* Citizens are conscience keepers of government. They cannot be jailed simply because they choose to disagree with state policies.
(With inputs from PTI)